So – a long time family favourite (or rather, one of only 2 dishes I’m able to make without help) – I know it as Chilli Beef, everyone else in the family calls it Man Mince due to its simplistic nature, just like me. I cook it in bulk (it serves 10) and freeze spare portions for later. Prep time is about 20 minutes, longer if drinking beer – cooking time 1 hr.
- 4 x onions
- 750g lean beef mince
- 1 x red pepper
- 1 x green pepper
- 1 x yellow pepper
- 4 x tins Oxtail Soup
- 4 x tins red kidney beans in a chilli sauce
- 4 x tins taco mixed beans in a spicy tomato sauce
- Select a large pot or cauldron
- Open beer (other drinks are available) and drink*
- Chop the onions and fry on a gentle heat until soft
- Add the mince and brown
- Chop and add the peppers and stir for about 5 minutes
- Open the tins and stir them in until completely mixed
- Simmer for about an hour, ensuring your beer glass doesn’t dry out and the peppers are soft
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
*Please drink responsibly. We do not support underage drinking, excessive drinking or any other unsafe drinking behavior. Do not drink and drive.