These oat biscuits are fun to make with kids and you only need a few ingredients. They keep for days if stored in an air-tight container, and can be packaged up in little bags with tags as gifts for neighbours or key workers.
- 8oz plain flour
- 7oz butter
- 7oz Scottish Oats (or oatmeal which makes them more of a digestive biscuit)
- 5oz soft brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Water to bind
- Rub butter into flour, add oats, baking powder and sugar
- Bring together, adding cold water to mix
- Roll out on floured surface, cut to chosen shapes and place on baking tray
- Bake on fan 160 degrees for 20 minutes
- Cool on wire rack and enjoy!