I find these Cheesy Veg Tots to be a great way of sneaking in vegetables for children who are usually not keen, and as a moreish savoury snack for myself. This recipe makes about 20-25 tots which will keep in the fridge for up to two days if covered – I usually keep a few in the fridge and freeze the rest for fuss-free snacks to heat-up whenever needed.
- 200g Broccoli Florets
- 200g Cauliflower Florets
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Granules
- 1 tsp Onion Granules
- 80g Cheddar (Grated)
- 2 Eggs (Whisked)
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- Olive Oil (For Greasing)
1. Preheat oven to 200C / Fan 180 / Gas 6 & line a tray with baking parchment. Par-cook broccoli & cauliflower, drain & rinse with cold water.
2. Roughly chop up the broccoli and cauliflower, and place in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix in all the remaining ingredients except for the olive oil.
4. Work the mixture together with your hands and roll up into little tots.
5. Grease the lined tray with a little olive oil and space out the tots.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until tinged golden brown around the edges.
7. Enjoy your Cheesy Veg Tots!