Many thanks to Martin Beard Photography for sharing his beautiful photos of Abbi and Tom who celebrated their wedding with us at One Great George Street. The gorgeous flowers are by TBR Floral Design. A lovely couple and a truly memorable wedding. Dates for 2022 and 2023 now available.
This big bowl full of veggies and goodness is the ultimate side dish full of flavour.
So – a long time family favourite (or rather, one of only 2 dishes I’m able to make without help) – I know it as Chilli Beef, everyone else in the family calls it Man Mince due to its simplistic nature, just like me. I cook it in bulk (it serves 10) and freeze spare portions for later. Prep time is about 20 minutes, longer if drinking beer – cooking time 1 hr.
- 4 x onions
- 750g lean beef mince
- 1 x red pepper
- 1 x green pepper
- 1 x yellow pepper
- 4 x tins Oxtail Soup
- 4 x tins red kidney beans in a chilli sauce
- 4 x tins taco mixed beans in a spicy tomato sauce
- Select a large pot or cauldron
- Open beer (other drinks are available) and drink*
- Chop the onions and fry on a gentle heat until soft
- Add the mince and brown
- Chop and add the peppers and stir for about 5 minutes
- Open the tins and stir them in until completely mixed
- Simmer for about an hour, ensuring your beer glass doesn’t dry out and the peppers are soft
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
*Please drink responsibly. We do not support underage drinking, excessive drinking or any other unsafe drinking behavior. Do not drink and drive.
Ah, jollof rice. The dish of champions and staple of any West African celebration. Growing up however, jollof was something that we had pretty much every week at home, my mum loved it and the comforting smell of tomatoes and spices regularly filled our kitchen, gently wafting upstairs into my bedroom encouraging me downstairs to investigate, plate and spoon in hand, the goings on in the kitchen.
This Vegetarian Moroccan Feast serves 4 and cooks in just 15 minutes!